Monday, June 28, 2010

June 27, 2010: Brief Visit to San Antonio




I returned on Sunday to the village where I lived for two months in April and May to attend the birthday party of a five-year-old in one of the host families. This party was attended by over 70 people and I think the adults had as much fun as the children. The little girl was dressed in heels, fancy dress, and had her hair done for the occasion. Above you can see her with her pinata. This party was on the heels of Tropical Storm Alex so when I returned to San Ignacio the bridge to my community was under rather than over the river so the other one lane bridge is now the bridge that flows two ways. I left on the 6 AM bus and the father showed up at 10 AM with a piece of birthday cake because the mom was upset she wasn't up to give it to me before.

No comments:

Post a Comment