Wednesday, May 5, 2010

UPDATE May 5, 2010






Photo notes...
- a typical Maya hut and vehicle in the community where I am in training
- fishermen showing off his catch
- Maya ruins; very impressive (but I didn't climb up!)
- your typical iguana
- sign on the road to the San Antonio Women's group that is a kind of cooperative that sells traditional artesan crafts mostly to the ecotourist resorts and now they are becoming involved in selling chickens. We worked with them as "trainees" and had a lot more to learn from them than we could possibly teach.

I watched my first news show this morning and learned that Laura Bush's two
favorite musicians are Bob Marley and Jerry Jeff Walker;
This is news!!!!! And I guess the world has changed in my absence.
I also learned that it is snowing in Cheyene, Wyoming which is
interesting to watch when it is 105 degrees in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment